- In 1738, Phillip Judd presented to his sons, Phillip and Thomas, Lot 16 – 50 acres – a few months after drawing it at the auction at Windham selling land in the First Division, forming the town of Kent. Prop. 39
- In 1739 Phillip and Thomas sold it to Samuel Lewis.
- March 3, 1741 Samuel Lewis sold it to John Beebe Sr.
- March 17, 1750 John Beebe Sr. gave his son John a plot of three acres on the southwest corner of Lot 16, twenty-two rods frontage on the highway and twenty-two rods deep.
L. R. 1 – pg. 522
- May 28, 1759 John Beebe Jr. sold the property, buildings and orchard to his brother Daniel for 50L. The land description includes “beginning on the north boundary of Uncle Azariah Pratt.” L .R.
- Daniel Beebe married Esther Pratt on April 10, 1760. They had two children, Daniel, born May 29, 1762 and Ruth, born September 14, 1774. In 1773, Daniel and Esther joined the Congregational Church and in 1776 he was a private in Captain Olmstead’s brigade. Daniel Jr. married Jane Peck on November 15, 1785. Their children were Polly, born February 1, 1787, John, born January 13, 1789, and Stiles, born June 2, 1793.
- Daniel Senior died in 1800 aged 69. He had acquired considerable property around the town in addition to his home lot. At his death, half went to his wife and the balance to his son Daniel.
- By 1815 the affairs of the Beebe family were in complete disorder. A series of judgments against John Beebe and the heirs of Daniel Jr. for sums of money owed to their neighbor Thomas Grant Northrop, who owned the Azariah Pratt farm on the south, took several pieces of land.
L. R. 13 – 425 – 6 – 7 – 8
- Finally on May 19, 1818, Stiles Beebe, evidently still in debt, sold his share of the house and land to Northrop for $250. Other land still left to him he sold to Hayden Dwight & Co., merchants, to satisfy claims against him.
L. R. 14 – 441
- Under Northrop ownership the house was rented. In the 1830s it was an Academy. Later it was a tenant farmer’s house, sometimes a two-family house. At the death of Lewis Northrop, son of Thomas, the property went to his wife Sarah Abby Northrop, March 25, 1908.
Probate G 28
- At her death on October 12, 1918 it went to Lewis’ sister, Harriette L. Stockwell. April 21, 1919 Harriette Stockwell sold it to Philo Burritt.
L. R. 30 – 286
- November 10, 1919 Philo Burritt sold it to George Laurence Nelson.
L. R. 30 – 309
- February 1978 George Laurence Nelson left the house and its contents to the Kent Historical Society.