|Before: Members of the Kent Fire Dept. circa 1927 posing with Pope Hartford Truck. After: New firehouse building
The “new” Pope Hartford truck, was purchased used from the City of Danbury. The firehouse was originally the stables of the old Kent Plains Hotel, which stood where the Library is today. William Tobin, Sr., bought the building in the 1950’s, moved the 2nd floor to the lot behind Tobin’s Garage and placed it on a foundation, turning it into a small residence.