A century ago, the town of Kent had a completely different appearance. The hills were bare of trees, and crisscrossed with miles and miles of stone walls and barbed wire fences. Where we now have tidy subdivisions with fancy houses and manicured grounds, there were once cows, hundreds of them. Maybe thousands of them.
Please check out the history of Kent here in the following pages….
- The History of Agriculture in Kent
- Excerpts from Iron Fever: Kent’s First Ironworks
- Tobacco Growing in the Housatonic Valley
- Resume of The Kent Iron Industry
- Kent History
- Kent History Bites
- The Kent Iron Industry
- Old Photos of Kent
- The Road in Macedonia Park
- Rufus Fuller & The South Kent Ore Bed
- The Growth of Kent from 1756 to 1950